Misalignment impacts patients of all ages and backgrounds. If you have crooked and crowded teeth, you’re not alone. You’re also more likely to develop oral health complications, such as tooth decay and TMJ disorder. To help our Des Moines, IA, patients with misalignment, we may recommend invisible smile correction with Invisalign®.
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign®
- True or False: Aligners help change the position of your teeth.
- True or False: They fit comfortably (and are barely visible).
- True or False: Maintaining them is easy.
- True or False: You must wear them as prescribed.
- True. The aligners will be worn for between 20 and 23 hours. About every two weeks, you will be upgraded to the next set of aligners. Over the course of about a year (or up to 18 months, depending on the extent of your misalignment) the aligners will move your teeth in optimal positions, correcting your misalignment.
- True. They will be made from a clear plastic, which makes them practically invisible when worn. They will also fit comfortably and help you avoid the discomfort that comes from metal orthodontics, such as gum and cheek irritation.
- True. Since you can remove them prior to brushing and flossing, caring for your teeth is easier. You enjoy a reduced risk of tooth decay, teeth stains, and periodontal issues. Bring removable also means you don’t have to alter your diet, since you take out your orthodontics before your meals.
- True. In order to see optimal results in the original time frame you discussed with the dentist, you must wear them daily as prescribed. If you have any questions about clear aligners, then contact our team today.
Gateway Dental Group Corrects Dental Misalignment
At Gateway Dental Group, our team wants to help you obtain a more even smile using clear aligners. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines area, and surrounding communities.