Looking for a smile makeover in Des Moines, IA? In order to address multiple esthetic concerns and transform a smile’s appearance, we may suggest a thin restoration. How do porcelain veneers transform smiles? What does placement involve?
Try Our Quiz on Porcelain Veneers
- True or False: Each one will be custom-made.
- True or False: Porcelain looks natural.
- True or False: We can correct multiple esthetic issues.
- True or False: Routine care keeps them bright.
- True. We begin by preparing the tooth, which involves removing a thin layer of outer tooth enamel. We then take detailed impressions of the newly prepared teeth. The impressions allow our team to create the restoration from porcelain. During a follow-up visit, we place the completed veneer using a powerful bonding agent.
- True. We create them using porcelain because the material looks like natural enamel and can be shaded to blend with the smile. The material also contains stain-resistant properties and can withstand powerful bite forces.
- True. By placing them, we cover the front and sides of the teeth, masking permanent teeth stains, lengthening worn down teeth, and reshaping minor damage or malformed tooth structure. We also close gaps between the teeth and correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
- True. In order to enjoy optimal oral health and a long-lasting restoration, we suggest brushing your teeth twice each day and flossing every night before going to sleep. We also suggest seeing us for checkups and cleanings every six months, so we can monitor your restoration and remove the plaque buildup that could threaten your smile. If you have any questions about our custom-made dental veneers, then contact our team today. We want to help you enjoy a stunning new smile!
Gateway Dental Group Transforms Smiles with Lifelike Restorations
At Gateway Dental Group, we’re ready to offer a smile makeover with our porcelain veneers. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines area, and surrounding communities.