Misalignment isn’t just a cosmetic issue. Without treatment, uneven smiles have been linked to higher risks of tooth decay, gum disease, TMJ disorder, and even chronic teeth grinding. However, we can address misalignment without relying on metal braces. In fact, we can help patients in Des Moines, IA, obtain more even smiles with Invisalign® aligners.
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign® Aligners
- True or False: We custom-make your aligners.
- True or False: You can actually remove them before meals.
- True or False: They will be barely visible.
- True or False: You need to wear them daily.
- True. We will take detailed impressions, digital images, and x-rays of your smile, all of which will be used at an Invisalign® lab to create your aligners. When worn, they will fit comfortably and help reposition your teeth over a period of a year to 18 moths, depending on the severity of your misalignment.
- True. Unlike metal braces, clear aligners can be taken out before meals. Which means you don’t need to change your diet or avoid your favorite foods. In addition, you can take them out before you brush and floss, which helps you maintain better oral health throughout the treatment process.
- True. They will be created using a clear plastic material, which means they are barely noticeable when worn. For adults and teens, this is a major benefit of Invisalign® over traditional orthodontic options.
- True. You need to wear them for between 20 and 22 hours a day if you want to see optimal results in the original timeframe you and the dentist discussed. As we said above, you can remove them for brief periods each day, but make sure you’re still wearing them as instructed.
Gateway Dental Group Can Correct Uneven Smiles
At Gateway Dental Group, we can offer a clear and comfortable solution to misalignment. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines area, and surrounding communities.