A gap in your smile due to tooth loss is never fun. Fortunately, our Des Moines, IA, patients have options for replacing lost teeth. Dental implants, for example, offer more than just a lifelike replacement option. They actually help improve your overall oral health in the process.
Try Our Quiz on Implant Dentistry
- True or False: Dental implants prevent loss of jawbone density.
- True or False: They look like natural teeth.
- True or False: They last longer than bridges or dentures.
- True. When you lose one or more teeth, then the body stops supplying the jawbone with doses of calcium and phosphorus. Without these nutrients, the jawbone begins to dissolve, leading to an aged appearance and further tooth loss. However, since dental implants are made from biocompatible materials and inserted into the jawbone, they stimulate the growth of jawbone tissue and prevent loss of jawbone density.
- True. The implant portion acts like a new tooth root, bonding with the bone structure. After the placement area heals, usually after three to four months, we will create and place a restoration. The custom-made dental crown replaces the visible portion of the tooth. We create them using lifelike ceramic to ensure the new tooth blends with the rest of your smile seamlessly.
- True. Dental bridges typically take between 10 and 15 years to require replacement. Removable dentures often need adjustment or replacement every 5 to 10 years. However, since dental implants act as new teeth, they last for several years, often decades, with proper care and attention. If you have any questions or concerns about addressing tooth loss, or if you would like to learn more about the benefits of implant dentistry, then contact our team today.
Gateway Dental Group Replaces Lost Teeth
At Gateway Dental Group, we offer strong and lifelike solutions to missing teeth. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines area, and surrounding communities.