For years, receiving a restoration, whether a filling or a crown, meant obtaining a metal one that stood out from the rest of your smile. However, in recent years dentists have been able to offer lifelike alternatives. We can help patients in Des Moines, IA enjoy crowns that blend with their smiles.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Crowns
- True or False: We custom-make each one.
- True or False: We use lifelike materials.
- True or False: Placement can transform a tooth.
- True or False: Routine care keeps them strong.
- True. Creating them first means making room, which we do by removing a small amount of tooth structure. We then take detailed impressions, which we will use to design and create the restorations in a dental lab. After completion, the patient returns for a second visit, during which we place the finished restoration with a powerful bonding agent.
- True. We may use zirconia or E-max, which are powerful porcelain materials that can be shaded to mimic a natural tooth’s appearance. In addition, they are strong and stain-resistant, offering years of quality restoration that blend with the smile.
- True. We can use them to lengthen worn down teeth or reshape malformed or damaged teeth. We can close gaps between teeth or mask discoloration and other esthetic issues. We can help anchor dental bridges in place or even restore a single tooth dental implant as well.
- True. Brushing, flossing, and seeing us for routine checkups and cleanings, can all help your new restoration say bright and strong, while also protecting the rest of your smile as well. If you have any questions about our dental crowns, then contact our team today.
Gateway Dental Group Can Restore Your Smile
At Gateway Dental Group, we can repair and restore a tooth with a lifelike dental crown. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines area, and surrounding communities.