With braces, metal brackets and arch wires use tension to reposition your teeth. However, few adults or teens are eager to wear metal orthodontics. Fortunately, our team can provide a practically invisible alternative using clear aligners. How does Invisalign® correct smiles?
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign®
- True or False: We custom-make the aligners.
- True or False: They can help patients of all ages.
- True or False: You don’t have to change how you eat.
- True or False: They fit comfortably.
- True. We will take detailed impressions of your smile and send them to an Invisalign lab, where experts will create a series of aligners using a BPA-free plastic material. Once complete, we give them to you and discuss how often you should be wearing them.
- True. The aligners have been known to help young children, but we typically prescribe them for adults and teens. They are worn every day for between 20 and 23 hours, removed only for meals, brushing and flossing, or special occasions. About every two weeks, the patient upgrades to a new set as the teeth are repositioned.
- True. Since you can remove them prior to meals, you don’t have to avoid hard or chewy foods and can eat as you always have. Being removable also makes brushing and flossing properly much easier, helping you maintain a heathy smile during the treatment process.
- True. Since each aligner set is custom-made, they fit comfortably and help patients avoid the gum and cheek irritation so common with metal orthodontics. If you have any questions about our clear orthodontics, then contact our team today.
Gateway Dental Group Can Correct Your Uneven Smile
At Gateway Dental Group, we can sue clear aligners to address your misalignment. Our practice is proud to provide comprehensive restorative and preventive care, so we can help you enjoy your best, healthiest smile. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines area, and surrounding communities.