Have you ever heard of clear braces? Instead of relying solely on metal brackets and arch wires, we can actually improve alignment using a series of clear aligners made from a BPA-free plastic material. How does Invisalign® correct smiles? Try today’s quiz to find out!
Try Our Quiz on Invisalign®
- True or False: Each aligner is custom-made.
- True or False: They should be worn daily.
- True or False: Aligners can be removed for meals or special occasions.
- True or False: Treatment can help teens and adults alike.
- True. We will take detailed impressions of your smile, gathering images and photographs, which will be used by an Invisalign lab to create a set of custom-made aligners. The completed aligners will be made from plastic and fit comfortably, gradually and gently repositioning your teeth and moving them to optimal positions.
- True. You need to wear them for between 20 and 23 hours a day. Wearing them as recommended helps ensure you see optimal results in the timeframe the dentist quotes. Total treatment time takes about a year to 18 months, depending in the severity and extent of misalignment.
- True. You can take them out before meals, which means you can eat as you did prior treatment. With metal braces, you have to avoid hard or chewy foods. You can also take out your aligners before you brush and floss, which makes keeping your teeth clean and healthy much easier.
- True. We can provide treatment for teens and adults. We will examine your smile to assess the cause of your misalignment, as well as the severity. We then decide if clear aligners are the best choice for correcting your smile. If you have any questions about misalignment or Invisalign aligners, then please contact our office today. We can help you enjoy a straighter and healthier smile.
Interested in Our Clear Orthodontics?
If you have an uneven smile, we can help with our clear orthodontics. To learn more, schedule a consultation with Dr. Burds by calling Gateway Dental Group in downtown Des Moines, IA, at (515) 244-9565.