If you have misalignment then you know orthodontic treatment can help you achieve a straighter smile. As a more esthetically pleasing alternative to traditional braces, we offer Invisalign clear braces. How does Invisalign work? Can anyone benefit from this barely noticeable orthodontic treatment?
Try Our Invisalign Quiz
- True or False: The aligners are comfortable.
- True or False: Patients must wear them everyday.
- True or False: Patients don’t need to change how they eat.
- True or False: Both teens and adults qualify.
- True. Instead of wearing metal orthodontics attached to the teeth, patients will receive a series of aligners made from clear plastic. They will be custom-made to ensure a comfortable fit. Patients also avoid the gum and cheek irritation often encountered with metal braces.
- True. The aligners need to worn every single day for between 20 and 23 hours. Approximately every two weeks you will start wearing a new set as your teeth are gradually repositioned over the period of a year to 18 months.
- True. The aligners can be removed before eating, meaning you don’t need to worry about certain foods becoming stuck in your braces. You can also remove them before you brush and floss your teeth at night, which makes caring for your smile simpler and can reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- True. The treatment works best for patients over the age of 16 who have minor alignment problems. We will take a look at your smile to determine if Invisalign is the best choice. For teens, the aligners may also include blue dots that wear away if they are worn correctly and as recommended. Parents and the doctor can then more accurately monitor the teen’s treatment.