Could your smile use some minor adjustments to look its best? With cosmetic dental bonding, you don’t need to go to extremes or sign on for invasive cosmetic dental treatment to give your smile a makeover. What is cosmetic tooth bonding? Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry treatment in which tooth-colored composite resin material is applied to teeth to fix imperfections. The composite resin, a high quality plastic, can be used to change the appearance of your teeth. Cosmetic tooth bonding is a non-invasive, affordable alternative to porcelain veneers.
Facts About Cosmetic Tooth Bonding
1. Composite resin begins as a liquid before it hardens into a durable, strong layer on teeth.
2. When in liquid form, the composite resin is dyed to match your natural tooth color, so the cosmetic tooth bonding blends in seamlessly with your natural teeth.
3. When composite resin is applied to teeth, it is soft and pliable, so it can be easily molded to adjust your teeth shape and appearance.Your dentist will sculpt the resin into place.
4. Composite resin can be used to adjust your tooth shape, add length to teeth, change the tooth width, fill in cracks, close gaps between teeth, smooth jagged surfaces, straighten the look of crooked teeth, enlarge the look of small teeth, and cover stains to whiten intrinsically stained teeth.
5. Dental bonding can achieve similar smile alterations as porcelain veneers, for less cost and commitment. Though bonding is not as strong and resilient as veneers, it is a great budget-friendly option for those with minor imperfections.
6. Unlike veneers, dental bonding does not require your natural teeth to be filed and refined first, so the commitment is not irreversible.
7. Is dental bonding permanent? No, it is not. With proper oral hygiene care, dental bonding can last several years, but it is a temporary solution that eventually needs to be redone.
8. Dental bonding can be applied in just one dental visit.
9. Tooth bonding does not discolor or stain over time.
10. Composite resin is also used for tooth-colored cavity fillings, which repair your cavity inconspicuously.
ABOUT YOUR DES MOINES, IA, DENTIST:
With a dedication to helping patients achieve the beautiful, healthy smiles they deserve, Dr. Burds and his team at Gateway Dental Group focus the care they provide on enhancing every aspect of your dental health. To schedule an appointment, call our office today at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from the Des Moines metro area and surrounding communities.