Do you want to brighten your teeth? A beautiful smile can help you make a lasting impression. How do you brighten your smile? With cosmetic treatments and a preventive approach to oral care, you can help reduce the appearance of teeth stains and enjoy a more attractive smile.
5 Tips for Achieving a Brighter Smile in Des Moines, IA
1. Teeth Whitening: You can actually choose between two different types of teeth whitening. The first erases discoloration in as little as an hour, using a bleaching gel that contains hydrogen peroxide and is activated with a curing light. We also provide a home-based option. The patient receives a set of whitening trays that will be filled with a bleaching gel and worn daily for a specified amount of time. Optimal results from the at-home option take between a week and ten days.
2. Porcelain Veneers: Some types of discoloration don’t respond well to traditional whitening. Known as intrinsic stains, they occur beneath the enamel as a result of fluorosis, injury, or the use of certain medications, such as tetracycline. However, we can mask these stains with veneers. Placed on the front of the teeth and made from lifelike porcelain, veneers instantly change the appearance of the teeth.
3. Dental Bonding: A more cost-effective alternative to veneers, bonding involves using a composite resin to restore missing structure and mask discoloration. The entire procedure can be completed in a day.
4. Dental Cleaning: A routine cleaning accomplishes quite a bit, removing plaque, treating halitosis, and reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. A cleaning also brightens the teeth, as we complete the process by polishing each tooth.
5. Cutting Back on Drinks with Dark Pigments: Drinks with dark pigments, such as coffee, soda, tea, or red wine, can lead to unsightly teeth stains. By cutting back on these items and drinking more water, you can keep your teeth brighter for longer.
ABOUT YOUR DES MOINES, IA COSMETIC DENTIST:
Dr. Burds and his team focus the care they provide on enhancing every aspect of your dental health. To schedule an appointment, call Gateway Dental Group at (515) 244-9565. Located in Des Moines, IA, we proudly welcome patients from River Bend, Kirkwood Glen, East Village, and all surrounding communities.